* ed
@ 1999-03-18  7:59 Guansong Zhang
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Guansong Zhang @ 1999-03-18  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I am looking for ed-0.2 works in Cygwin tools. I am not sure where I
can download one. Why not it is included in the stardard release.

Thanks,

Guansong

* Re: ed
@ 1999-03-18  8:08 ` Anders Norlander
From: Anders Norlander @ 1999-03-18  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guansong Zhang; +Cc: cygwin

Guansong Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for ed-0.2 works in Cygwin tools. I am not sure where I
> can download one. Why not it is included in the stardard release.

Ed is evil :)
What is wrong with fullscreen editors?
You can get ed from your closest gnu mirror.

Regards,
Anders

* Re: ed
@ 1999-03-18 15:47 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 1999-03-18 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guansong Zhang; +Cc: cygwin

Guansong Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for ed-0.2 works in Cygwin tools. I am not sure where I
> can download one. Why not it is included in the stardard release.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guansong

Look at

ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Vinschen_Corinna/B20

for files

	ed-0.2.README
	ed-0.2.tar.gz

which contains the binaries. To find the sources, look into the README.

Regards,
Corinna

* Re: ed
@ 1999-03-31 19:45   ` Anders Norlander
From: Anders Norlander @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guansong Zhang; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Guansong Zhang
From: Guansong Zhang @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1999-03-31 19:45   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guansong Zhang; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2000-08-21 12:43 Noel L Yap
From: Noel L Yap @ 2000-08-21 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cwilson; +Cc: cygwin

Are you able to pipe diff3 output through sed?

Thanks,
Noel

cwilson@ece.gatech.edu on 2000.08.21 15:18:34

To:   yap_noel@jpmorgan.com
cc:
Subject:  Re: ed

Noel L Yap wrote:

> Thanks.  It builds and runs right out of the box.  Is there any reason it's
not
> included in the standard CygWin release?
>
> Thanks again,
> Noel

Sorry - can't post to the list right now, so this is private email.
Anyway, ed is not included because 'sed' is included. Same idea as ed,
only better IMO.

--Chuck

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.

* Re: ed
@ 2000-08-21 12:09 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2000-08-21 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noel L Yap, cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com

At 02:34 PM 8/21/2000, Noel L Yap wrote:
>Thanks.  It builds and runs right out of the box.  Is there any reason it's not
>included in the standard CygWin release?

I believe the answer is that things included must have a maintainer.  If you
or someone else would like to volunteer to be the maintainer, it could be
added to the distribution at any time.

* Re: ed
@ 2000-08-21 11:36 Noel L Yap
From: Noel L Yap @ 2000-08-21 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks.  It builds and runs right out of the box.  Is there any reason it's not
included in the standard CygWin release?

Thanks again,
Noel

cgf@cygnus.com on 2000.08.21 14:28:15

Please respond to cygwin@sources.redhat.com

To:   cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
cc:   (bcc: Noel L Yap)

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 02:04:08PM -0400, Noel L Yap wrote:
>Where can I find "ed"?

ftp.gnu.org

or more generically via

freshmeat.net

cgf

@ 2000-08-21 11:29 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-08-21 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 02:04:08PM -0400, Noel L Yap wrote:
>Where can I find "ed"?

ftp.gnu.org

or more generically via

freshmeat.net