* Re: MAKE_MODE=UNIX? was RE: why must cygwin be first in path?
@ 2000-02-04 17:27 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-02-04 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Christopher; +Cc: cygwin, cgf

--- Eric Christopher <echristo@cygnus.com> wrote:
-8<-
> While I'm on this type of bent, does anyone have an opinion on making
> the filesystem case insensitive by default for MAKE_MODE = win32?
> Alternately it could be a flag or something.  Just wondering what people
> thought.

Have you really thought about this?  Gcc cares about case of the filename,
especially some suffixes.  Besides, bash supports switches for
case-insensitivity; I don't know though if the same is true for ash.

=====
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
Cygwin Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

* Re: MAKE_MODE=UNIX? was RE: why must cygwin be first in path?
@ 2000-02-04 18:26 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2000-02-04 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: earnie_boyd; +Cc: cygwin, cgf

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> --- Eric Christopher <echristo@cygnus.com> wrote:
> -8<-
> > While I'm on this type of bent, does anyone have an opinion on making
> > the filesystem case insensitive by default for MAKE_MODE = win32?
> > Alternately it could be a flag or something.  Just wondering what people
> > thought.
>
> Have you really thought about this?  Gcc cares about case of the filename,
> especially some suffixes.  Besides, bash supports switches for
> case-insensitivity; I don't know though if the same is true for ash.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. :)  It was more of a question for people
who use win32 mode from within cmd.exe.  Almost sounds like a mingw32
type addition as opposed to a cygwin addition.

-eric

* Re: MAKE_MODE=UNIX? was RE: why must cygwin be first in path?
@ 2000-02-04 17:22       ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-02-04 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Christopher; +Cc: earnie_boyd, Steven Schram, cygwin

On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 04:42:08PM -0800, Eric Christopher wrote:
>> Nope.  I just changed it for the Cygwin CD.
>
>Aaah.  Bitten by the too many release problem again. :)

FWIW, I plan on doing this for the next net release, too.

cgf

* Re: MAKE_MODE=UNIX? was RE: why must cygwin be first in path?
@ 2000-02-04 16:42     ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2000-02-04 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: earnie_boyd, Steven Schram, cygwin

@ 2000-02-04 16:38   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-02-04 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Christopher; +Cc: earnie_boyd, Steven Schram, cygwin

@ 2000-02-04 15:32 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2000-02-04 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: earnie_boyd; +Cc: Steven Schram, cygwin, cgf

> Ahem, win32 already _IS_ the default as far as make itself is concerned.  If
> one wants win32 as the default just remove the MAKE_MODE environment variable.

I think cgf changed this in the development sources.  I'll have to wait
for him top pop up and confirm this though.  I could just be nuts.

While I'm on this type of bent, does anyone have an opinion on making
the filesystem case insensitive by default for MAKE_MODE = win32?
Alternately it could be a flag or something.  Just wondering what people
thought.

> P.S.: Have a good weekend.

Thanks!

-eric

* Re: MAKE_MODE=UNIX? was RE: why must cygwin be first in path?
@ 2000-02-04 13:25 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-02-04 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Christopher; +Cc: Steven Schram, cygwin

--- Eric Christopher <echristo@cygnus.com> wrote:
> I think the net version had an installer also. (of course i could be
> remembering something really old :)  But yeah, it does set it in the
> cygwin.bat file (there is no .bat file on the CD version).
>
> Must be a bad week for cygnoids on the list - first dj and now me :)
>
> At any rate, if people are interested in turning MAKE_MODE to win32 by
> default let me or dj know...  if i get enough people that are really
> irritated by the default being unix we can probably change it.

Ahem, win32 already _IS_ the default as far as make itself is concerned.  If
one wants win32 as the default just remove the MAKE_MODE environment variable.

Regards,
Earnie.

P.S.: Have a good weekend.

* Re: MAKE_MODE=UNIX? was RE: why must cygwin be first in path?
@ 2000-02-04 11:31 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2000-02-04 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: earnie_boyd; +Cc: Steven Schram, cygwin

@ 2000-02-04 11:23 Earnie Boyd