* trn
@ 2000-03-03  2:26 Rob Wheatley
       [not found] ` <001001bf8529$f45ef380$5f0f4dd1@TIMYX18EWDT6RQ>
From: Rob Wheatley @ 2000-03-03  2:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

trn is a text mode news reader.  It is similar to slrn, but I find it
much nicer to use.

After some effort (I am not familiar with compiling Unix programs) I
have been able to compile and run trn under Windows NT using the Cygwin
tools.

Although there are a few minor bugs, trn can read and post articles.

I have posted a description of the procedure I followed at:
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~rwheatle/trn.html

I hope these instructions are helpful.  I would also appreciate it if
someone could double check that I managed to point the Configure script
to all the relevant libraries.

Rob Wheatley
rwheatle@ucalgary.ca

* Re: trn
       [not found] ` <001001bf8529$f45ef380$5f0f4dd1@TIMYX18EWDT6RQ>
@ 2000-03-03 21:42   ` Rob Wheatley
From: Rob Wheatley @ 2000-03-03 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Prince; +Cc: cygwin

Tim Prince wrote:

> I would be interested in this, but I can't open this web page.  I'll keep
> trying.  OE is totally useless for newsgroups here, so I have been borrowing
> my wife's AOL.

Hmm.  I tried accessing my page from the three computers I have access
to, and it worked with all of them.  Hopefully I haven't made some
stupid mistake with file permissions or something.

You could also try
http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~rwheatle/trn.html
(Different address, but gets you to the same page.)

And I just uploaded the page to:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/rwheat/trn.html
so you could try this as well.

Hope this helps.