* Re: Running emacs in telnet session?
@ 2000-06-01 11:34 Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 2000-06-01 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stanton, cygwin

Are you using a Cygwin-compiled version of Emacs? I can't imagine a native port
(e.g. NTEmacs) working in a Cygwin telnet session. (I'm assuming that you're
using the telnet daemon from inetutils.) XEmacs compiles nicely for Cygwin, but
I don't believe that GNU Emacs has been ported.

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rick_rankin@yahoo.com

@ 2000-06-01 14:20 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-06-01 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Rankin; +Cc: Richard Stanton, cygwin

Rick Rankin wrote:

> Are you using a Cygwin-compiled version of Emacs? I can't imagine a native port
> (e.g. NTEmacs) working in a Cygwin telnet session. (I'm assuming that you're
> using the telnet daemon from inetutils.) XEmacs compiles nicely for Cygwin, but
> I don't believe that GNU Emacs has been ported.

And if nothing else works, try `vim' ;-)

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer