* Insufficient memory for latest setup.exe
@ 2000-06-02 11:10 Steve Kelem
From: Steve Kelem @ 2000-06-02 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I downloaded the latest (today) setup.exe, placed it in an empty
directory,
and ran it from an NT Command Prompt tool.
It says:

C:\My Download Files\Cygnus>.\setup -u cygwin

This is the Cygwin setup utility (v1.43),
built on May  2 2000 01:00:30.

Use this program to install the latest version of the Cygwin Utilities
from the Internet.

Alternatively, if you already have already downloaded the appropriate
files
to the current directory (and subdirectories below it), this program can
use
those as the basis for your installation.

If you are installing from the Internet, please run this program in an
empty
temporary directory.

Insufficient memory.

I also tried running it from bash and tcsh with similar problems.
I have Cygnus 1.0 (CD).  I've run an older version of setup about a
month ago and it worked ok.
My machine is a dual Pentium III 550 running Win NT 4.0 SP6a.

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks,
Steve Kelem

* Re: Insufficient memory for latest setup.exe
@ 2000-06-12 14:41 ` Steve Kelem
From: Steve Kelem @ 2000-06-12 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

I haven't heard anything since I posted this 10 days ago. I still can't get
setup to work. (I even downloaded a fresh copy of setup.exe today.)
I have 256M of memory, plenty of disk space (2G free), so what type of memory
is setup running out of?
Norton System Doctor says that I have 290M of Commit Memory free.

Please help!
Steve Kelem