* tar.exe can't create directories
@ 2000-06-02 10:46 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2000-06-02 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've checked all directory permissions, and they look fine. The problem is
that the latest version of tar won't create subdirectories on my disk. For
example:

[c:\ttt]tar -xvf gnuplot-3.8c.tar
gnuplot-3.8c/
tar: gnuplot-3.8c: Could not create directory: Permission denied
gnuplot-3.8c/Makefile.in
tar: gnuplot-3.8c/Makefile.in: Could not create file: No such file or
directory
gnuplot-3.8c/README
tar: gnuplot-3.8c/README: Could not create file: No such file or directory
gnuplot-3.8c/stamp-h.in
tar: gnuplot-3.8c/stamp-h.in: Could not create file: No such file or
directory
gnuplot-3.8c/ChangeLog
tar: gnuplot-3.8c/ChangeLog: Could not create file: No such file or
directory
gnuplot-3.8c/INSTALL

etc.

Richard Stanton

* Re: tar.exe can't create directories
@ 2000-06-02 14:39 ` Christian Jönsson
From: Christian Jönsson @ 2000-06-02 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

could you be running win nt with CYGWIN=ntsec on?

/ChJ