* openssh + cvs
@ 2001-01-22  7:20 Chris Crawford
From: Chris Crawford @ 2001-01-22  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi,

i'm not sure if this is old news, but when i use the cywin release (as
of 2001.jan.19,  cvs hangs if i use CVS_RSH=ssh.exe .  For example,
using
"cvs co module", it will check out the complete module, and then hang.
contact me for more information, if you like.

my solution was to use the old ssh.exe binary, for example, at
     http://public.activestate.com/gsar/ssh-1.2.14-win32-bin.zip
this seemed to work without hanging.

anyways, thanks for all the work that has gone into this distribution;
you guys have done a great job.  it is a pleasure to use cygwin.

chris crawford

* Re: openssh + cvs
@ 2001-01-22  7:37 ` Charles S. Wilson
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2001-01-22  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Crawford; +Cc: cygwin

Search the archives; this has been discussed repeatedly.

Short version:  known problem in the global (non-cygwin-specific)
openSSH 2.3.0+, expected to be fixed soon in openSSH 2.4.0.

--Chuck