* Re: 1.1.8-2: TVINSERTSTRUCT & TVITEM missing
@ 2001-02-12  8:02 Ren
From: Ren @ 2001-02-12  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: earnie_boyd, ren; +Cc: cygwin

My god, it wouldn't hurt posting a notice about this somewhere though.. I don't remember seeing
anything about that anywhere. So instead of jumping all over me, couldn't you be nice
about my effort in trying to help you? *gagh* Besides LCC is open-sourced if I'm not
mistaken, so the 'clean-room' part should have been done on their side.

All in all, I'm sorry if this is not helpfull, but I do think you should react differntly to a
day of blood, sweat and tears trying to get it all to run, just to help you guys.
Besides I couldn't give you a patch even if I wanted to, I only know how to do a
filesearch in .h files.

Hmmpph,

   Ren Hoek (ren@arak.cs.hro.nl)

* Re: 1.1.8-2: TVINSERTSTRUCT & TVITEM missing
@ 2001-02-12  8:16 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-02-12  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

The problem with just dumping code on the mailing list is that if the
license of the code does not accomodate the w32api licensing, you end up
contaminating anyone who reads your post.

As far as patches are concerned, I don't know what a "filesearch in .h
files" means but a patch is just a "diff -up".

cgf

@ 2001-02-12  8:17 ` Charles S. Wilson
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2001-02-12  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ren; +Cc: earnie_boyd, cygwin

Ren wrote:

> My god, it wouldn't hurt posting a notice about this somewhere though.. I don't remember seeing
> anything about that anywhere. So instead of jumping all over me, couldn't you be nice
> about my effort in trying to help you? *gagh* Besides LCC is open-sourced if I'm not
> mistaken, so the 'clean-room' part should have been done on their side.
>
> All in all, I'm sorry if this is not helpfull, but I do think you should react differntly to a
> day of blood, sweat and tears trying to get it all to run, just to help you guys.
> Besides I couldn't give you a patch even if I wanted to, I only know how to do a
> filesearch in .h files.
>
> Hmmpph,

Ren, don't take it so hard.  These days, you almost have to minor in
copyright law to contribute to open source projects.  However, what you
have works for your application -- be happy and proud.  Be careful to
obey the distribution requirements for both LCC and Cygwin, and you and
your app should be fine.

--Chuck

* Re: 1.1.8-2: TVINSERTSTRUCT & TVITEM missing
@ 2001-02-12  5:35 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-02-12  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ren Hoek; +Cc: cygwin

Ren Hoek wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've been getting cygwin to compile Putty today. That's an open
> source SSH client for windows.
>
> One of the problems I came across was a missing TVINSERTSTRUCT
> and TVITEM in the win32 headers. I fixed it by adding the structs
> that I included at the bottom of this email. I don't know where
> exactly the cygwin headers should be fixed, but I got the program
> to compile with the stuff I included.
>
> The structs were shamelessly stolen from the LccWin32 headers.
>
> Hope you can fix it,

Not now!!!  Can't even read the rest of this message.  I won't even ask
*you* for a patch.

All patches must be clean room.  Documentation reference only.  You
can't take from someone else's source.

Earnie.

* 1.1.8-2: TVINSERTSTRUCT & TVITEM missing
@ 2001-02-11 15:59 Ren Hoek
From: Ren Hoek @ 2001-02-11 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: ren

Hi there,

I've been getting cygwin to compile Putty today. That's an open
source SSH client for windows.

One of the problems I came across was a missing TVINSERTSTRUCT
and TVITEM in the win32 headers. I fixed it by adding the structs
that I included at the bottom of this email. I don't know where
exactly the cygwin headers should be fixed, but I got the program
to compile with the stuff I included.

The structs were shamelessly stolen from the LccWin32 headers.

Hope you can fix it,

            Ren Hoek (ren@NOSPAM.arak.cs.hro.nl)

PS.

I was also missing the 'aclapi.h' header file in cygwin. I was
able to compile without this header file by including a define
for putty, but can this header be included in the cygwin pack?

typedef struct tagTVITEMA {
        UINT      mask;
        HTREEITEM hItem;
        UINT      state;
        UINT      stateMask;
        LPSTR     pszText;
        int       cchTextMax;
        int       iImage;
        int       iSelectedImage;
        int       cChildren;
        LPARAM    lParam;
} TVITEMA, *LPTVITEMA;
typedef struct tagTVITEMW {
        UINT      mask;
        HTREEITEM hItem;
        UINT      state;
        UINT      stateMask;
        LPWSTR    pszText;
        int       cchTextMax;
        int       iImage;
        int       iSelectedImage;
        int       cChildren;
        LPARAM    lParam;
} TVITEMW, *LPTVITEMW;
#define TV_ITEM TVITEM
#define LPTV_ITEM       LPTVITEM
#ifdef UNICODE
#define TVITEM  TVITEMW
#define LPTVITEM LPTVITEMW
#else
#define TVITEM  TVITEMA
#define LPTVITEM LPTVITEMA
#endif
typedef struct tagTVITEMEXA {
        UINT    mask;
        HTREEITEM hItem;
        UINT    state;
        UINT    stateMask;
        LPSTR   pszText;
        int     cchTextMax;
        int     iImage;
        int     iSelectedImage;
        int     cChildren;
        LPARAM  lParam;
        int     iIntegral;
} TVITEMEXA, *LPTVITEMEXA;
typedef struct tagTVITEMEXW {
        UINT    mask;
        HTREEITEM hItem;
        UINT    state;
        UINT    stateMask;
        LPWSTR  pszText;
        int     cchTextMax;
        int     iImage;
        int     iSelectedImage;
        int     cChildren;
        LPARAM  lParam;
        int     iIntegral;
} TVITEMEXW,*LPTVITEMEXW;
typedef struct tagTVINSERTSTRUCTA {
    HTREEITEM hParent;
    HTREEITEM hInsertAfter;
    union
    {
        TVITEMEXA itemex;
        TVITEMA  item;
    } ;
} TVINSERTSTRUCTA,*LPTVINSERTSTRUCTA;
typedef struct tagTVINSERTSTRUCTW {
        HTREEITEM hParent;
        HTREEITEM hInsertAfter;
        union {
                TVITEMEXW itemex;
                TVITEMW  item;
        } ;
} TVINSERTSTRUCTW,*LPTVINSERTSTRUCTW;

#define  TVINSERTSTRUCT         TVINSERTSTRUCTW