* RE: cscope for Windows NT/95/98
@ 2001-02-15  9:10 Colman Curtin
From: Colman Curtin @ 2001-02-15  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

As far as I remember it compiles ok and runs.
I was trying to get it to work with Vim but seemingly it uses shared mem to
communicate, I couldn't get the two to operate - may do now with a later
version of the ipc daemon.
try compiling it and see how you get on.
-Coley.

* RE: cscope for Windows NT/95/98
@ 2001-02-15 23:05 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2001-02-15 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colman Curtin, cygwin

> As far as I remember it compiles ok and runs.
> I was trying to get it to work with Vim but seemingly it uses shared mem to
> communicate, I couldn't get the two to operate - may do now with a later
> version of the ipc daemon.
> try compiling it and see how you get on.

No, they (vim + csope) do not use shared memory. Vim opens ``cscope -l''
attached to pty. If this does not work, it may mean

- vim is not compiled with cscope support (check vim --version)
- there are problems in how vim is using pty under cygwin. What version of
Cygwin are you using?

-andrej

* Re: cscope for Windows NT/95/98
@ 2001-02-16  5:25   ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-02-16  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej Borsenkow; +Cc: Colman Curtin, cygwin

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> > As far as I remember it compiles ok and runs.
> > I was trying to get it to work with Vim but seemingly it uses shared mem to
> > communicate, I couldn't get the two to operate - may do now with a later
> > version of the ipc daemon.
> > try compiling it and see how you get on.
>
> No, they (vim + csope) do not use shared memory. Vim opens ``cscope -l''
> attached to pty. If this does not work, it may mean
>
> - vim is not compiled with cscope support (check vim --version)
> - there are problems in how vim is using pty under cygwin. What version of
> Cygwin are you using?

And, if you need pty support you must have `set CYGWIN=... tty ...'
before starting any application including daemons.  Note, the tty
setting will cause Cygwin to have difficulties in communicating with
non-Cygwin programs.

Earnie.

* Re: cscope for Windows NT/95/98
@ 2001-02-15 10:02 ` Bob McGowan
From: Bob McGowan @ 2001-02-15 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Balasubramania N. Pillai; +Cc: cygwin

See " http://cscope.sourceforge.net/ " for info on cscope.

"Balasubramania N. Pillai" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just moved to an NT4.0 and sorely miss cscope.
> I don't see any specific reference to cscope on your site.
> Do you have any knowledge of any ports to NT?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Balu
>
> --

Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer
VERITAS Software
rmcgowan@veritas.com

* Re: cscope for Windows NT/95/98
@ 2001-02-15  8:59 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-02-15  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Balasubramania N. Pillai, cygwin

At 11:03 AM 2/15/2001, Balasubramania N. Pillai wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've just moved to an NT4.0 and sorely miss cscope.
>I don't see any specific reference to cscope on your site.
>Do you have any knowledge of any ports to NT?

No but others have asked about it in the past.  A search of the email
archives would turn up any references to it that I don't recall the
specifics of.

* cscope for Windows NT/95/98
@ 2001-02-15  8:06 Balasubramania N. Pillai