* ssh -- you don't exist, go away!
@ 2001-05-03 15:27 Curt Springer
From: Curt Springer @ 2001-05-03 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I downloaded cygwin as vanilla as possible afaik to my win nt 4.0 box.

from setup log:
Installing latest/openssh/openssh-2.5.2p2-3.tar.gz

when I try to use ssh to get to a host on which I have an account (and
which I access regularly using Secure CRT), I get the message
"you don't exist, go away!"

Same result whether typed in bash shell or executed in windows bat file at
'dos' prompt.

I can execute the command on a win 2000 machine where some version of
cygwin was installed some time ago, and it works fine.

I hunted around previous postings but didn't find anything quite like this.

Could somebody tell me what to look at.

Thanks,

-- Curt Springer

Curt Springer
Senior Software Architect
Application Engineering Services
Central Administration Information Technology
Harvard University
Cambridge, Massachusetts
USA
+1 617 384 7177

"Le désordre c'est l'ordre vu diffèrement."
HYREN 283 av.JC

* Re: ssh -- you don't exist, go away!
@ 2001-05-03 15:36 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-05-03 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Curt Springer; +Cc: Cygwin Users

Curt Springer wrote:

> Could somebody tell me what to look at.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cygwin+ssh&btnG=Google+Search&hl=en&lr=&safe=off

Earnie.

* Re: ssh -- you don't exist, go away!
@ 2001-05-03 15:36 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-05-03 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Curt Springer, cygwin

At 06:25 PM 5/3/2001, Curt Springer wrote:
>Hi,
>I downloaded cygwin as vanilla as possible afaik to my win nt 4.0 box.
>
>from setup log:
>Installing latest/openssh/openssh-2.5.2p2-3.tar.gz
>
>when I try to use ssh to get to a host on which I have an account (and which I access regularly using Secure CRT), I get the message
>"you don't exist, go away!"
>
>Same result whether typed in bash shell or executed in windows bat file at 'dos' prompt.
>
>I can execute the command on a win 2000 machine where some version of cygwin was installed some time ago, and it works fine.
>
>I hunted around previous postings but didn't find anything quite like this.
>
>Could somebody tell me what to look at.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-- Curt Springer

Run setup again to make sure you didn't miss any packages.  If that doesn't
help, try a different mirror to make sure you're not hitting a download
snag.  If you're sure you've downloaded and installed everything and there
are still problems, email the list with the precise steps you take and the
output you get.