* How would I uninstall Cygwin?
@ 2001-08-30 11:24 Jeff Conrad
From: Jeff Conrad @ 2001-08-30 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am just wondering on how to uninstall Cygwin?  I don't see
it in the add/remove programs dialog box, and I don't see an
uninstaller in the start menu.

Jeff

* Re: How would I uninstall Cygwin?
@ 2001-08-30 13:29 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-08-30 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Conrad, cygwin

Jeff Conrad schrieb am 2001-08-30, 14:24:

>I am just wondering on how to uninstall Cygwin?  I don't see
>it in the add/remove programs dialog box, and I don't see an
>uninstaller in the start menu.

You use the same setup.exe as for installing it, if you
don't see nothing in the setup window, there is a button 'Full/Part'.
If you hit it all packages that are installed will be displayed.
Now you may select to reinstall, uninstall, downgrade for every
single package.

Per default there is only shown what is not installed or where an
update is possible.

Gerrit

--
=^..^=

* Re: How would I uninstall Cygwin?
@ 2001-09-08  8:13   ` David Starks-Browning
From: David Starks-Browning @ 2001-09-08  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: Jeff Conrad

On Thursday 30 Aug 01, Gerrit P. Haase writes:
> Jeff Conrad schrieb am 2001-08-30, 14:24:
>
> >I am just wondering on how to uninstall Cygwin?  I don't see
> >it in the add/remove programs dialog box, and I don't see an
> >uninstaller in the start menu.

If you mean *completely* uninstall Cygwin, there is a FAQ entry "How
do I uninstall Cygwin?" which should answer your question.  If it
doesn't, let us know.  (The list, not me personally.)

> You use the same setup.exe as for installing it, if you
> don't see nothing in the setup window, there is a button 'Full/Part'.
> If you hit it all packages that are installed will be displayed.
> Now you may select to reinstall, uninstall, downgrade for every
> single package.

I will update the FAQ entry to describe this, too.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)

* building pine on cygwin?
@ 2001-09-16 19:36   ` dave
From: dave @ 2001-09-16 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,
    Has anyone built pine 4.33 or 4.40 on cygwin from source? If so what
arguments do I pass to the build program and were there any special things I
had to do?
Thanks.
Dave.

* Re: building pine on cygwin?
@ 2001-09-17 10:06     ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-09-17 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dave; +Cc: cygwin

dave schrieb am 2001-09-16, 22:34:

>Hello,
>    Has anyone built pine 4.33 or 4.40 on cygwin from source? If so what
>arguments do I pass to the build program and were there any special things I
>had to do?
>Thanks.
>Dave.

I have not, but maybe you'll find here what you're looking for:
http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~bli/personal.html

Gerrit

--
=^..^=