* Re: Rsync 2.4.6 with Cygwin 1.3.5 in daemon mode
       [not found] <6EC8B4900C0AB6488B75FD88311DA76903993FBB@sus-ma1it02>
@ 2001-11-15 23:38 ` Lapo Luchini
From: Lapo Luchini @ 2001-11-15 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jha, Sanjeev, cygwin

> $ cygrunsrv -I "rsyncd" -p /usr/bin/rsync -a
> '--config=/etc/rsyncd.conf --daemon' -e CYGWIN="tty ntsec binmode"
>
> Error --
> $ cygrunsrv --start rsyncd
> cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
> 1062:
> The service has not been started.

I think it's because the daemon mode detach frmo the console, by
default, try with the very-new option --no-detach (only available in
2.4.6-3).

Good work

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)

* Re: Rsync 2.4.6 with Cygwin 1.3.5 in daemon mode
@ 2001-11-26 10:10   ` Lapo Luchini
From: Lapo Luchini @ 2001-11-26 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jha, Sanjeev, cygwin

@ 2001-11-26 17:32   ` Lapo Luchini
From: Lapo Luchini @ 2001-11-26 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jha, Sanjeev; +Cc: cygwin

"Jha, Sanjeev" wrote:

> Thanks for reply. Few minutes before I found something strange in "event
> Viewer". Its telling me "Not owner". Well I logged in as myself and I have
> administrator privileges and when I start "CYGWIN", I get the prompt like
> this
>         Administrator@WUS ~
>         $
> Event Viewer error message is as below :-
> The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( rsyncd ) cannot be found. The
> local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message
> DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
> information is part of the event: rsyncd : Win32 Process Id = 0x884 : Cygwin
> Process Id = 0x884 : starting service `rsyncd' failed: execv: 1, Not owner.
>
> Thanks again.
> -Sanjeev

It doesn't remember nothing to me right now... (please post to the mailing list,
so that everyone can attemp to respond to your queries).

--

       [not found] <6EC8B4900C0AB6488B75FD88311DA76903993FBD@sus-ma1it02>
@ 2001-11-16  8:10 ` Lapo Luchini
From: Lapo Luchini @ 2001-11-16  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)