From: Teun Burgers <a.rburgers@freeler.nl>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: gcc -mno-cygwin creates cygwin executables!
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:09:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>  On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 06:47:09PM +0100, Teun Burgers wrote:
> >1) gcc -mno-cygwin searches for libs in /usr/lib.
> >   Should it?

> It shouldn't, but it does.  Changing this requires a complicated change
> to 'ld'.  I don't think that anyone is contemplating such a change.
>
> The only alternative is to use the mingw version of the tools.

I can think of a few other perhaps simpler alternatives.

1) Move the pthread functions from libcygwin.a to a separate library
libpthread.a instead of libpthread.a being a symlink to libcygwin.a.
That
would fix this particular configure problem I think. This already
works this way I found for libpng.a and libjpeg.a.

2) Put some cygwin specific libraries as libpthread.a in /usr/cygwin/lib
and add /usr/cygwin/lib to the specs?

Teun Burgers