* cygwin problem
@ 2001-12-20  3:22 AChan
From: AChan @ 2001-12-20  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I have just downloaded all files from the nasa site. A shortcut was
created on my desktop but when I click on it, the window says Bad
command or file. I could not open any downloaded file.

Could someone give me a hand on this?

Thanx

Anne

* Cygwin problem
@ 2005-06-20 22:08 michald
From: michald @ 2005-06-20 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello

I have a problem with cygwin. I wanted to install on my PC cygwin with the UNIX text mode.
I don't know why because I tried it many times but cygwin after installing is working allways
in the DOS text mode. Furthermore, the most basic functions like "ls" or "dir" aren't
working. I need to cygwin for NS-2 (Network Simulator).  Please help me!!!

Thanks

* RE: cygwin problem
@ 2004-05-17 13:31 Richard Campbell
From: Richard Campbell @ 2004-05-17 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pablo Orduña Fernández, cygwin

Please just email the list directly, not me personally.  Redirected to the list.

> I have just read at http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg01336.html
> that you had a problem with cygwin like:
>     28 [main] ? 2608 init_cheap: Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win3
>c:\cygwin\bin\cygpath.exe (2608): *** AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x616A0000
>, RegionSize 0x1AE0000, State 0x10000
>
>So I was just wondering if you got the answer, and if you got it, could
>you please tell me what's the answer? I never had seen this message
>before, and at the web I don't find enough info about it.

If you check the archives, my original problem went away after updating my
Windows install to all of the latest updates.  The problem was also fixed
for others between 1.5.9 and 1.5.10 cygwin dll versions, IIRC, so I suggest
updating your cygwin install and possibly trying a snapshot.

-Richard Campbell.

[parent not found: <000501c38cf7$7da3e690$0900a8c0@conrad1>]
* Cygwin problem...
@ 2002-11-20 16:57 SonyMaster
From: SonyMaster @ 2002-11-20 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

If I installed Cygwin on a computer, burned it to another computer should it work? It doesn't for me.

[parent not found: <A1210B776A59D31181050090277251A10295394C@aalmo.telelogic.com>]
[parent not found: <m3bskw38td.fsf@localhost.localdomain>]
* cygwin problem
@ 2001-08-31  1:33 Mohammad Saleem
From: Mohammad Saleem @ 2001-08-31  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: mohammad_saleem_1999

Hi all,

I have installed sucessfully cygwin.
First time when I start bash shell by double clicking
on cygwin icon, everything works fine. But when I
start another bash shell or if log in again efter
restarting my computer, bash shell does not recognize
the commands.
I get a message that command not found.
What is going wrong.
I am tired of installing cygwin again and again to
continue my work.
Any help?
thanks in advance

regards
/Mohammad

* Re: cygwin problem...
@ 2000-10-19  5:39 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-10-19  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas.bouve; +Cc: cygwin users

--- Thomas Bouve <thomas.bouve@khbo.be> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Thomas,

> I read on the cygwin mailing list that you are a cygwin user and I was
> wondering if you could help me out.
> I'm using the latest build (cygwin 1.1.4) and I try to run edit.com in
> bash.  The problem is that it doesn't start.  I specify edit.com and It
> hangs! nothing more.  Then my system resource meter gives a 100% cpu
> usage and I have to reboot to get the proc time back.  It's no use
> killing the bash window, the leak persists.  I'm using win98 and the
> latest cygwin.dll (1.1.4)
> I'm having this problem with other non cygwin apps as well (like the vim
> distribution from the vim.org site, not the cygwin version)
>
> Btw: I have the env var cygwin=notty (so that can't be the problem)
>
> thanks,
>
> Thomas
>
> email: thomas.bouve@kh.khbo.be

Please send queries such as these to the cygwin@sources.redhat.com.  I have no
idea as to why your system is acting the way it does.  I don't have and have
never used windows 98.

Also, you'll need to provide the output of `cygcheck -s -r -v' pasted in a mail
to the list and not to me.

Thank-you,

=====
Earnie Boyd
mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com

---         < http://earniesystems.safeshopper.com >         ---
--- Cygwin: POSIX on Windows < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ > ---
---   Minimalist GNU for Windows < http://www.mingw.org/ >   ---

* cygwin problem
@ 2000-05-02 18:45 Bryan Higgins
From: Bryan Higgins @ 2000-05-02 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Installed the latest "by hand," everything but tcl/tk.  When I try to use the
info command I get the message info: dir: Invalid argument.  Any ideas?