* problem about cygintl.dll
@ 2002-02-27 17:40 Joseph Yuen
From: Joseph Yuen @ 2002-02-27 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Is there any where I can download cygintl.dll???
lynx and vim keeps asking for this dll file, but I really have no idea
where I can get that. I've reinstalled the current gettext, but it's not
helping.
I've also tried to find solution through search engines,
but couldn't find any solution from that.
Could you give me a clue of how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

* Re: problem about cygintl.dll
@ 2002-02-27 20:30 ` Charles Wilson
From: Charles Wilson @ 2002-02-27 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Yuen; +Cc: cygwin

By searching for 'cygintl.dll' on the following page:
  http://www.cygwin.com/packages/
I discover that the DLL is found in the following package:

libintl/libintl-0.10.38-3  (e.g. the 'libintl' package)

Stangely enough, the setup.ini entry for lynx and for vim both specify
that it depends on the 'libintl' package.  I don't know why the package
did not get installed on your machine automatically (did you use
setup?), but the solution is to reinstall the 'libintl' package.

Note that 'libintl' != 'libintl1'.

For further strangeness, I know that I have answered this question
before...let's search google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cygintl.dll+site%3Acygwin.com&btnG=Google+Search

Ah, yes, there it is -- third one down..

--Chuck