* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.10-1
@ 2002-02-27 15:56 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-02-27 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download.  As usual, a list of what has changed is below.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

Note that we do not allow downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka
cygwin.com) due to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will need
to find a mirror which has this update.

In the US,
ftp://mirrors.rcn.net/mirrors/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.

In Germany,
ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/mirrors/cygnus/ is
usually pretty good.

In the UK,
http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.

If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package then
you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another mirror.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: cygwin@cygwin.com .  I would appreciate it if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly.  This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.  Really.
No kidding.  Email cygwin stuff to cygwin@cygwin.com.

If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.

Did I mention that I'd prefer that all cygwin questions should go to
cygwin@cygwin.com?  I can't remember...

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

I implore you to READ this information before sending email about how
you "tried everything" to unsubscribe.  In 100% of the cases where
people were unable to unsubscribe, the problem was that they hadn't
actually read and comprehended the unsubscribe instructions.

If you need to unsubscribe from cygwin-announce or any other mailing
list, reading the instructions at the above URL is guaranteed to
provide you with the info that you need.

Christopher Faylor
Red Hat, Inc.

Changes since 1.3.9-1:

- Attempt to fix CTRL-C problem with ptys/ttys which sometimes caused
  inappropriate processes to receive SIGINT signal.  (cgf)

- Fix possible hangs with multi-threaded applications who read passwd
  or group info.  (cgf)

- Use QueryPerformance* functions for gettimeofday calls. (cgf)

- Allow attaching strace to a running process via "strace -p pid". (cgf)

- Implement call to turn strace on and off in an strace-aware user
  application.  (cgf)

- Various ntsec fixes.  (vinschen, Pierre.Humblet)

- Add interface for token ring cards. (Alexander.Gottwald)

- Implement socket read/write using recv/send. (corinna)

- Fix handling of NULL sun_path in getsockname.  (corinna)

- Use correct registry key for domainname in getdomainname. (corinna)

- Add preliminary support for fd passing from a debugger.

- Properly detect already existent symlink when existing symlink is "old style".
  (corinna)

- In mkpasswd, set default home path for 9x/Me if --path-to-home isn't given.
  (corinna)

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.10-1
@ 2002-02-28 10:14 ` Peter Wohlers
From: Peter Wohlers @ 2002-02-28 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Anyone seen this?

after upgrading from cygwin-1.3.9-1 to cygwin-1.3.10-1, I then ssh to the box, authenticate, see the motd, and then the
login process hangs and throws the following error in a window:

bash.exe Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application.

running cygwin from the desktop shortcut works fine.

reverting back to cygwin-1.3.9-1 makes the problem go away and I can ssh to the machine normally.

I have also replicated this on multiple machines.

If you haven't seen this behavior, do you have suggestions for me to troubleshoot it?

*****************
* Peter Wohlers *
*pedro@whack.org*
*****************

@ 2002-02-28 13:10 Karl Zilles
From: Karl Zilles @ 2002-02-28 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Anyone seen this?
>
> bash.exe Application Error
> The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I am also getting this error after I upgraded.

I'd be happy to run any diagnostics people can think of, or share any
configuration info people think is relevant.

I'm running inetd to launch sshd.
--
1969
Karl Zilles | Technical Architect, Principal