* ntsec and access on network-drives
@ 2002-08-21  7:23 Sven Köhler
From: Sven Köhler @ 2002-08-21  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

hi!

i think cygwin has a problem "by design" when accessing network drives.
the problem i have is, the network-drive i'm working on is on a
domain-controller - but the local user is a local user of my workstation.

i tried to do mkpasswd -l -d "domainname" - but it outputs two users
"Administrator" and would also output two groups called "Administrators"
as i assume.

could be mkpasswd be anhanced to allow "prefixed" domain-users? like
domainname#adminustrator (or any other delimeter)
(it's analog to the thing samba's winbind does)

or is there any other way via PAM or somethin?

thx
   Sven

* Re: ntsec and access on network-drives
@ 2002-08-21  9:50 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2002-08-21  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 04:04:46PM +0200, Sven K?hler wrote:
>could be mkpasswd be anhanced to allow "prefixed" domain-users?  like
>domainname#adminustrator (or any other delimeter) (it's analog to the
>thing samba's winbind does)

Have you looked at the mkpasswd source code?

cgf

* Re: ntsec and access on network-drives
@ 2002-08-22  2:08   ` Sven Köhler
From: Sven Köhler @ 2002-08-22  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>>could be mkpasswd be anhanced to allow "prefixed" domain-users?  like
>>domainname#adminustrator (or any other delimeter) (it's analog to the
>>thing samba's winbind does)
>
> Have you looked at the mkpasswd source code?

what would i find there?

* Re: ntsec and access on network-drives
@ 2002-08-22  2:21     ` Cyber.Zombie
From: Cyber.Zombie @ 2002-08-22  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: cygwin

Wait for it...

Sven Köhler wrote:

>>> could be mkpasswd be anhanced to allow "prefixed" domain-users?  like
>>> domainname#adminustrator (or any other delimeter) (it's analog to the
>>> thing samba's winbind does)
>>

>> Have you looked at the mkpasswd source code?
>

> what would i find there?

Source code.