* Problem with COM1 port from with GDB 5.3 under Cygwin 1.5.3-1
@ 2003-09-06 21:35 Creighton MacDonnell
From: Creighton MacDonnell @ 2003-09-06 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I upgraded my Cygwin installation two days ago (Thursday, September 4)
to the new 1.5.3-1 version, from the previous 1.3.?-? version.

This broke a self-compiled (under the previous 1.3.?-? version of
Cygwin) version of GDB compiled for "arm-elf" that I use.

It seems to me that GDB simply fails to communicate with the COM1 serial
when trying to make an "RDI" (Angel Debug) connection.

I have recompiled my GNU tools with the with the new version of Cygwin,
but I have the same problem.

I do not have any Cygwin programs handy that I can use to try to use the
COM1 port in some other way. If someone can suggest a simple test, I
will try it.

Can other people use the COM1 port OK with the new Cygwin?

===

Unfortunately, I did not back up my Cygwin folder before doing the
upgrade - too trusting I guess.

Is there an archive somewhere with all of the old stuff that can be used
to resinstall the old version?

Fortunately, I still have some of the old modules, though - enough to
run GDB under the old Cygwin. From this I know that the problem is not
with the target board or the serial port on my PC.

Thanks.

* Re: Problem with COM1 port from with GDB 5.3 under Cygwin 1.5.3-1
@ 2003-09-07 23:27 ` Rolf Campbell
From: Rolf Campbell @ 2003-09-07 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Creighton MacDonnell wrote:

> Can other people use the COM1 port OK with the new Cygwin?

I did notice a difference.  Specifically, opening "COM1" no longer opens
  the com port.  You must use "/dev/com1" now.

* Re: Problem with COM1 port from with GDB 5.3 under Cygwin 1.5.3-1
@ 2003-09-08  1:40   ` Creighton MacDonnell
From: Creighton MacDonnell @ 2003-09-08  1:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

This will not work for me either. Nor does "/dev/ttyS0".