* Re: Old packages...
@ 2003-09-10  1:32 Jason Fu
From: Jason Fu @ 2003-09-10  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thank you, Max!
It works perfectly with options:
clean_setup.pl -DDir -DFile -prev -prevobs

Thanks!!

Jason

> Jason Fu wrote:
>> Sorry that I did not make it clear. What I mean is those source files
> and
> not
>> the installed packages.
>>
>> Just wonder if there's any way being used by cygwin'ers to handle a
>> lot
> of
>> binary sources of different versions after downloading the latest one.
>
> clean_setup.pl at http://home.ix.netcom.com/~mchase/zip/
>
> Max.

http://www.hkucs.org:8080/~tsfu/

* Re: Old packages...
@ 2003-09-04 13:20 ` Max Bowsher
From: Max Bowsher @ 2003-09-04 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Fu, cygwin

@ 2003-09-04  3:36 Jason Fu
From: Jason Fu @ 2003-09-04  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: cgf-rcm

Sorry that I did not make it clear. What I mean is those source files and not
the installed packages.

Just wonder if there's any way being used by cygwin'ers to handle a lot of
binary sources of different versions after downloading the latest one.

Regards,

Jason Fu

> On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 11:13:18AM +0800, Jason Fu wrote:
>>Hi there,
>>
>>I always keep my CYGWIN packages as "current" as possible. But this
>> turns out  to be a lot of old files left behind/before for me to
>> handle/delete. I really  wonder if there's any available tactics to
>> handle old files and just keep the  latest version.
>
> You are making a point from the assumption that leaving old files behind
> is a desired/expected behavior.  It isn't.
>
> If you report the old files that are left behind to the cygwin-apps
> mailing list then the package maintainer will correct that problem.
> --
> Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal
> email. Special for spam email harvesters: send email to
> sources.redhat.com

http://www.hkucs.org:8080/~tsfu/

* Re: Old packages...
@ 2003-09-04  3:18 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-09-04  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 11:13:18AM +0800, Jason Fu wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I always keep my CYGWIN packages as "current" as possible. But this turns out
>to be a lot of old files left behind/before for me to handle/delete. I really
>wonder if there's any available tactics to handle old files and just keep the
>latest version.

You are making a point from the assumption that leaving old files behind is
a desired/expected behavior.  It isn't.

If you report the old files that are left behind to the cygwin-apps mailing list
then the package maintainer will correct that problem.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org

* Old packages...
@ 2003-09-04  3:13 Jason Fu
From: Jason Fu @ 2003-09-04  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi there,

I always keep my CYGWIN packages as "current" as possible. But this turns out
to be a lot of old files left behind/before for me to handle/delete. I really
wonder if there's any available tactics to handle old files and just keep the
latest version.

Thanks!

Jason Fu

http://www.hkucs.org:8080/~tsfu/