* Re: bash.exe doesn't launch correctly
@ 2003-09-12 16:23 Robert Sample
From: Robert Sample @ 2003-09-12 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks for the clue, I had multple versions of cygwin1.dll  especially
with XPlanet which was running.  I have now fixed the problem.

Thanks again.

Robert

* Re: bash.exe doesn't launch correctly
@ 2003-09-11 23:03 ` Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2003-09-11 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Robert Sample wrote:

> Dear Cygwin Developers:
>
> I have downloaded and installed version 1.5.3-1 on two different
> Windows XP SP1 machines.  All was working correctly.  However, after
> installing the patch from Microsoft to plug the hole(s) that created
> RPC problems, I now cannot  launch a Bash shell.
>
> On clicking the Cygwin icon, a shell appears for about one second and
> then is  dismissed.  Sometimes a cmd.exe process is left running  and
> sometimes it is not.
>
> Since my laptop has not development environment other than the GNU
> goodies supplied by Cygwin, I am unable to debug to try and isolate
> the problem.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this problem after  installing the RPC patch
> from Microsoft?
>
> Regards,
> Robert Sample

What happens when you start a cmd.exe shell then type in
C:\Cygwin\bin\bash --login -i?
Obligatory witty saying: I've had amnesia for as long as I can remember.

* bash.exe doesn't launch correctly
@ 2003-09-11 22:19 Robert Sample