* [Fwd: Re: [Module::Build] Alzabo / Module::Build Cygwin installation problem]
@ 2003-11-15 16:04 Randy W. Sims
From: Randy W. Sims @ 2003-11-15 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 11/14/2003 5:42 PM, Randy W. Sims wrote:

 > There is still a problem to be worked out, but I'm not yet sure where
the problem is. Can you tell post your perl & Cwd version.

 > Dave, What versions of perl, Cwd, & M::B have you tested Alzabo with?
 >
 > This problem doesn't seem directly related to Cygwin. It definately
should not be an error to 'use Cwd', so this has to be a problem in
M::B, Cwd, or perl. Right???

Ok, this might in fact be a Cygwin problem. Cygwin & Cwd. The following
produces the error "Usage: Cwd::cwd() at Module.pm line 6." under Cygwin
perl 5.8.x, but not under MSWin32 perl 5.6.x & 5.8.x. Also if I change
Cwd to Carp I get no error. Can anyone test to make sure this does not
produce errors on any other systems?

Thanks,
Randy.

-----><8-----
# Module.pm
package Module;

sub new {
   my $p = shift;
   $p->cwd;
}

sub cwd {
   require Cwd;
   Cwd::cwd;
}

1;
-----><8-----

-----><8-----
# test.pl
package MyModule;
use Module;
use base 'Module';
use Cwd;

package main;
MyModule->new;

[-- Attachment #2: Re: [Module::Build] Alzabo / Module::Build Cygwin installation problem --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1917 bytes --]

From: "Randy W. Sims" <RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org>
To: module-build-general@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: perl5-porters@perl.org,  alzabo-general@lists.sourceforge.net,  autarch@urth.org
Subject: Re: [Module::Build] Alzabo / Module::Build Cygwin installation problem