My cygwin installation can display simple X11 clients such as xterm. A complex client such as git-cola, launched from a remote RedHat Linux machine, will cause all X11 windows under cygwin to become unresponsive. Windows Task Manager says "not responding." This problem occurs with recent releases of Cygwin/X11. The attached cygcheck.out indicates the last X11 version that works well: 1.18-4.1. All other cygwin packages are up to date. I realize that this is a sub-optimal cygcheck.out to send. Please describe what I should do to begin the debugging process. I would like to have a plan before I switch to a Cygwin configuration that gives me problems.