* Re: bash hangs the system
@ 1998-07-15 20:50 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1998-07-15 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lheller; +Cc: gnu-win32

In a message dated 7/15/98 9:47:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mephisto@faust.unidial.com writes:

>  I'm unable to
>  get through a configure ofthe shar-utils without hanging the machine

This didn't cause me any problems.   I have found that some packages won't
configure or build without more complete compilers, such as egcs or gcc-2.8.1.
Rather than learning how to specify search paths as arguments to configure,
I've linked the main /bin directory to /bin, and also made links to cause
everything to show up under /usr as it would in Linux.  Probably not cool, but
it gets me over some path problems.
-

* RE: bash hangs the system
@ 1998-07-16  6:00 Robin Crampton
From: Robin Crampton @ 1998-07-16  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, mephisto

For the first problem (from the FAQ):

Windows 95 freezing up
the USB patch is available from
` http://www.compuclinic.com/osr2faq/index.html '.

>attempting to execute a file that can't be found
I've never had a problem:

$ wibble
BASH.EXE: wibble: command not found
[exited with 127]
$

>cat as used in the configure scripts
I haven't run a configure script yet...

Hope this helps (well, the FAQ extract anyway :-))

-

* bash hangs the system
@ 1998-07-14 18:32 Lance Heller
From: Lance Heller @ 1998-07-14 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)