My Cygwin ssh client stopped working... It would successfully connect to the remote (Debian) host but then hang without displaying the command prompt. See debug output attached, as well as cygcheck output. I decided to run setup to see if there was a newer version of openssh. In preparation for that I always terminate all Cygwin processes because they will interfere with the update. I killed the ssh-agent process and on a whim decided to try connecting again. This time it worked. This would seem to indicate something in ssh-agent is interfering with the connection. There are no credentials loaded into ssh-agent. -- Jim Garrison jhg@acm.org