* ?? Please help
@ 2001-05-01  8:50 Dr. Amy
From: Dr. Amy @ 2001-05-01  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I downloaded your setup.exe, and ran it.
After downloading everything, it stops. Nothing
else happens.
I only want the c compiler (I don't care about
the rest) -- However I did download EVERYTHING.
I can't un-tar the files or un-zip them. My usual
unzipper can't read them. So what else can I do?

Right now I have a bunch of tar.gz files in
different directories -- with no way to get to
them!
-Amy

* Re: ?? Please help
@ 2001-05-01  9:07 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-05-01  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dr. Amy, cygwin

At 11:50 AM 5/1/2001, Dr. Amy wrote:
>I downloaded your setup.exe, and ran it.
>After downloading everything, it stops. Nothing
>else happens.
>I only want the c compiler (I don't care about
>the rest) -- However I did download EVERYTHING.
>I can't un-tar the files or un-zip them. My usual
>unzipper can't read them. So what else can I do?
>
>Right now I have a bunch of tar.gz files in
>different directories -- with no way to get to
>them!
>-Amy

If you want to use what you downloaded, run setup again and
choose to install from the local directory where you downloaded
the stuff last time.  Alternatively, choose install from the
internet and it will download and install in one step.