* Problems with Emacs - Resolution(?)
@ 2004-02-13 14:32 Charles Plager
From: Charles Plager @ 2004-02-13 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

To summarize:

Due to (self-inflicted) problems, I did a fresh install of cygwin to
1.5.7.1.

Emacs started behaving very strange:
* Random crashes
* Suddenly taking up 100% of cpu

This happened with all emacs versions I could get my hands on:
* 21.2.9
* 21.2.11
* 21.2.12

Earlier this week, I downgraded to cygwin 1.5.5.1 (I needed to downgrade
ash to 20031007-1).  Since then I have had no problems with emacs.

So, to my untrained eye, it looks like something in the new cygwin dll
doesn't like emacs.

	Charles

* Re: Problems with Emacs - Resolution(?)
@ 2004-02-14 15:39 ` Ehud Karni
From: Ehud Karni @ 2004-02-14 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cplager+cygwin; +Cc: cygwin

* Re: Problems with Emacs - Resolution(?)
@ 2004-02-14 18:34   ` Ehud Karni
From: Ehud Karni @ 2004-02-14 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Re: Problems with Emacs - Resolution(?)
@ 2004-02-25 15:59     ` Joe Buehler
From: Joe Buehler @ 2004-02-25 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Ehud Karni wrote:

> I manged to compile Emacs from CVS but when I run it, I get errors
> (supposedly in lisp) that I don't get with the same Emacs and lisp
> files on Linux.
>
> This Emacs (21.3.50) also crashes much more then the distributed
> Cygwin Emacs (21.2 compiled by Joe Buehler).

Thank you for this report.  It is on my todo list to run a compile
of 21.3 to check on its current state.  Undoubtedly there have been
many code changes since they committed the Cygwin port changes to
the emacs CVS and I need to check them from time to time...
--
Joe Buehler