* signal issue
@ 2004-05-04  7:27 Christian Renoulin
From: Christian Renoulin @ 2004-05-04  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I try to kill a process under cygwin. The main process
need to kill one its child process. The child process
is playing a music using :
  system("cat phrase3.wav > /dev/dsp ");

The main process code is (pidChild is correst) :
  kill(SIGKILL, pidChild);

I tried with SIGUSR2 (with a function associated to
the SIGUSR2 signal) : same result.

The opposite is working (child process sending a
SIGURS1 to its father - the father receive the signal
and call the matching function).

Does cygwin has a problem to recieve a signal when a
problem a process is busy (command system) ?

Chris (french guy)

* Re: signal issue
@ 2004-05-04  8:21 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2004-05-04  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christian Renoulin wrote:

> I try to kill a process under cygwin. The main process

Stop repeating.  You've posted this three times now.  Dave Korn has
already replied, why don't you address his comments rather then
reposting the same message.  If you're hoping to get help with your
problem then repeating yourself over and over is not the way to go about
it.

Brian

* signal issue
@ 2004-05-03  9:20 Christian Renoulin
From: Christian Renoulin @ 2004-05-03  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I try to kill a process under cygwin. The main process
need to kill one its child process. The child process
is playing a music using :
  system("cat phrase3.wav > /dev/dsp ");

The main process code is (pidChild is correst) :
  kill(SIGKILL, pidChild);

I tried with SIGUSR2 (with a function associated to
the SIGUSR2 signal) : same result.

The opposite is working (child process sending a
SIGURS1 to its father - the father receive the signal
and call the matching function).

Does cygwin has a problem to recieve a signal when a
problem a process is busy (command system) ?

Chris (french guy)

Yahoo! Mail - Votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
 Créez votre adresse sur http://mail.yahoo.fr

* RE: signal issue
@ 2004-04-30 14:12 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2004-04-30 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
> I try to kill a process under cygwin. The main process need
> to kill one its
> child process. The child process is playing a music using :
>   system("cat phrase3.wav > /dev/dsp ");
>
> The main process code is (pidChild is correst) :
>   kill(SIGKILL, pidChild);
>
> I tried with SIGUSR2 (with a function associated to the
> SIGUSR2 signal) : same
> result.
>
> The opposite is working (child process sending a SIGURS1 to
> its father - the
> father receive the signal and call the matching function).
>
> Does cygwin has a problem to recieve a signal when a problem
> a process is busy
> (command system) ?

system (...) invokes a shell to execute the command you supplied as a child
process.  The shell then invokes cat as a child process of its own.  So what
probably happened is you killed the shell but left the cat program still
running.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* signal issue