* Ported PING
@ 2005-01-13 10:17 Lino Miguel Martins Tinoco
From: Lino Miguel Martins Tinoco @ 2005-01-13 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi!

I've managed to port and compile the original ping code and a version
with a bit more statistical info (with median and and .0 precision on
the percentage of lost packets). I've also a package that compiles and
installs them.

Does it has any interest for anyone?

--Lino Tinoco

* Re: Ported PING
@ 2005-01-13 11:45 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2005-01-13 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Jan 13 09:42, Lino Miguel Martins Tinoco wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've managed to port and compile the original ping code and a version
> with a bit more statistical info (with median and and .0 precision on
> the percentage of lost packets). I've also a package that compiles and
> installs them.
>
> Does it has any interest for anyone?

Sure, why not?  See http://cygwin.com/setup.html for how to contribute
and maintain Cygwin packages.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.

* Re: Ported PING
@ 2005-01-14 14:22 ` Lapo Luchini
From: Lapo Luchini @ 2005-01-14 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: CygWin

* Re: Ported PING
@ 2005-01-17 17:05 ` Zachary Uram
From: Zachary Uram @ 2005-01-17 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

ah i have a slow dialup link so i would like try this :)

zach

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:53:02 -0000, Lino Miguel Martins Tinoco
<lino-m-tinoco@telecom.pt> wrote:
> Nope, sorry. It's a port of the first version of ping. The minimum
> response time presented is 1ms. Less than that you'll get 0ms. I'ts ok
> for checking conectivity and delay on slower links (or a far, far away
> host on internet :)) but not that good on fast links.
>
> --Lino Tinoco
>

> Lino Miguel Martins Tinoco wrote:
> > I've managed to port and compile the original ping code and a version
> > with a bit more statistical info (with median and and .0 precision on
> > the percentage of lost packets). I've also a package that compiles and
>
> > installs them.
>
> Does it give the improved "time precision" some of Cygwin funzions
> benefit?
>
> --

* RE: Ported PING
@ 2005-01-17 13:10 Lino Miguel Martins Tinoco