From: Brent Epp <brent@pdc.ca>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Continued rsync failures
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 10:03:27 -0500	[thread overview]

Sorry, my silly mail client doesn't reply to the list by default.

------------------------------

It might be worth noting that these rsync commands run using an
on-demand script to manage sync jobs.  Generally, it will execute rsync
once with `--dry-run` to gather a list of files for me to preview:

rsync -avi --progress --no-perms --no-owner --no-group --delete
--dry-run -s --exclude-from='/cygdrive/d/my/exclusion/file'
--exclude-from='/cygdrive/d/my/additional/exclusion/file'
/cygdrive/d/path/to/source'/. '/cygdrive/d/path/to/target'

trace file: http://cygtestdata.ddnsfree.com/strace.exec1.out

Then it can run rsync a consecutive time:

rsync -avi --progress --no-perms --no-owner --no-group --delete -s
--exclude-from='/cygdrive/d/my/exclusion/file'
--exclude-from='/cygdrive/d/my/additional/exclusion/file'
/cygdrive/d/path/to/source'/. '/cygdrive/d/path/to/target'

trace file: http://cygtestdata.ddnsfree.com/strace.exec2.out

Thanks
  - Brent

--