Greetings, Fergus Daly! > I have a "hash bang" bash shell script i.e. first line > #! /bin/sh > or equivalently > #! /bin/bash By default, sh is bash in base Cygwin installation. > Q3 - at 1/8 the size of bash and sh, I am not at all sure of the role and reach of dash. > Should the edit (dash replacing bash/sh) be incorporated elsewhere or would this be a > bad idea (and retained only locally in what is indeed an eccentric and one-off context)? I'm replacing /bin/sh with dash as I've found that even in POSIX mode, bash allows for a lot of bash'izms in scripts, which would not otherwise run under (d?a)?sh. See the post-install script attached. -- With best regards, Andrey Repin Thursday, April 6, 2023 15:18:19 Sorry for my terrible english...