From: Tim Prince <timothyprince@sbcglobal.net>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler  cannot create executables.
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 01:40:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Bhagwan Anjanappa wrote:
> HI all,
>     I am trying to configure httperf (web performance evaluator) on
> Cygwin I am encountering a few errors which I think is native to
> Cygwin. The first error I got was gcc not found but I went and
> installed the gcc make and other packages. Now I have a new error
> comming up whenever I try to run the configure command It says like
> below

> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking wether the C compiler <gcc> works..... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables

I'm not familiar with this particular application, but the normal
expectation is that a file such as config.log will be created, which
will enlighten you and us about the failing command.  Many FAQs
specifically dictate that you must show these details when asking for
assistance.  If config.log doesn't contain adequate detail, the
diagnostics produced by repeating the failing invocation of gcc may be
of use.