Under FreeBSD, I launch ssh-agent in my .xsession script and its environment is automatically inherited by every shell I then open in my X11 session. No such luck with Windows, but I found a way to propagate a environment variable to any (future) user process after the user is already logged. (or, at the very least...) Works for me. Variables will be then available on any shell and program opened after the attached script is executed. (put it in "Startup" menu in order to execute it at logon time) -- Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it (OpenPGP & X.509) www.lapo.it (Jabber, ICQ, MSN)