* Status of gcc 3.4.4-2
@ 2006-09-06 19:14 Charles Plager
From: Charles Plager @ 2006-09-06 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

	I am wondering if/when gcc 3.4.4-2 (or similar) will be promoted from
'experimental' to 'current'.  There were issues building CERN's Root
package with older versions of cygwin's gcc that now seem to be fixed
(e.g., http://root.cern.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3255).  It will be
easier to convince our friends at CERN to start using the new compiler
by default when it is the 'default' version.

	Cheers,
	  Charles Plager

* RE: Status of gcc 3.4.4-2
@ 2006-09-14  9:43 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2006-09-14  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14 September 2006 06:23, Greg Couch wrote:

> I'm actually hoping to skip 3.4.4-2 and get gcc 3.4.6 or 4.1.1.  When I
> compile my application with 3.4.4, I'm getting an "internal compiler
> error" that I don't get with 3.4.6 on Linux.
>
> Any news about a newer version of gcc for cygwin?

  Ok, I guess 3.4.4-2 has had enough testing now to be worth promoting to a
main release, but I'll have to roll a fresh package to fix a couple of bugs
that showed up.  I'll try and get that done over the coming week.  Then
sometime in the next couple of weeks I'll have a go at 3.4.6 and see about
making a test release of that.

  If you can produce a small, self-contained testcase, in the form of a
pre-processed .i file that I could compile to reproduce the crash, I could
take a look at what's going wrong and see if I can pin it down to an
identifiable bug that was fixed between 3.4.4 and 3.4.6.

    cheers,
      DaveK

* Re: Status of gcc 3.4.4-2
@ 2006-09-14  5:23 Greg Couch