* "cannot open display"
@ 2006-09-09 10:26 Ogogon !!!
From: Ogogon !!! @ 2006-09-09 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Good afternoon, colleagues!

I have established CygWin to compile under Windows the program developed
in gcc. At compilation of console applications - all OK. All
applications, even rather complex, are started and work without remarks.

However, any attempt to create the program with GTK+, leads to that at
their start there is a message "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:".
At distribution kit CygWin there is a program gtk-demo.exe. Obviously,
it it is guaranteed it is compiled without mistakes. It is not started
and also writes "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:".

My OS - WindowsXP Pro (Rus). What do I do incorrectly?

Yours faithfully,
Ogogon.