Christopher Faylor wrote: > On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 04:46:28PM -0700, Volker Quetschke wrote: (snip) > > Do I have to make the observation again that whether this is the case or > not, it is not a primary goal of the Cygwin project to support these > people? Yes. Did it ever cross your mind that the whole "Linux on Windows" thing is pretty useless if it cannot be used in the "real world". I mean, if people want to have a plain vanilla Linux thingy they can just install it. Grab a Redhat, Suse or Debian DVD and everything works fine. As there is no new information in this thread I'll shut up until a real problem comes up. This whole discussion is academic anyway. Volker > As long as you have Corinna or myself in charge we are going to stick > with the whole "Linux on Windows" thing. If bash doesn't like \r\n line > endings on Linux, if we purposely recommend against using text mode > files, and if we can see noticeable performance improvements in bash > from not honoring \r\n line endings, then bash should definitely be > using the "binmode" code. > > If Eric cares enough to make \r\n shell scripts work in bash, then more > power to him. If he doesn't then I have no problem with releasing a > bash that hiccups on files which use \r\n and informing people that they > should fix their scripts. > > cgf > > -- > Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple > Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html > Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html > FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/ > -- PGP/GPG key (ID: 0x9F8A785D) available from wwwkeys.de.pgp.net key-fingerprint 550D F17E B082 A3E9 F913 9E53 3D35 C9BA 9F8A 785D