* Re: "which" bug
@ 2000-07-21  6:45 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-07-21  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Issac Trotts, cygwin

--- Issac Trotts <trotts@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> I was using the which from
>
> http://www.weihenstephan.de/~syring/win32/UnxUtils.html

A non-cygwin set of utilities that wouldn't ever do what you'd expect.  David,
is there something in the FAQ about this?   I mean something about mix and
match Cygwin vs non-Cygwin utilities, how to find out if a binary is using the
cygwin1.dll, etc?

As for the above mentioned path, I can't stress enough, don't use this as a
source for Cygwin utilites.

> but I just started using the one from
>
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/which
>
> and it works just fine.

Good, that's what it's supposed to do.

Cheers,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://gw32.freeyellow.com/ >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* Re: "which" bug
@ 2000-07-21  9:02 ` David Starks-Browning
From: David Starks-Browning @ 2000-07-21  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: earnie_boyd; +Cc: cygwin

On Friday 21 Jul 00, Earnie Boyd writes:
> --- Issac Trotts <trotts@MIT.EDU> wrote:
> > I was using the which from
> >
> > http://www.weihenstephan.de/~syring/win32/UnxUtils.html
> >

> A non-cygwin set of utilities that wouldn't ever do what you'd expect.  David,
> is there something in the FAQ about this?   I mean something about mix and
> match Cygwin vs non-Cygwin utilities,

I'll have a look, I can add something if not already there.

> how to find out if a binary is using the
> cygwin1.dll, etc?

You'll have to tell me how.  (I've always just *known*.)

Cheers,
David

* Re: "which" bug
@ 2000-07-21  9:38 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-07-21  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Starks-Browning; +Cc: cygwin

--- David Starks-Browning <starksb@ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 21 Jul 00, Earnie Boyd writes:
> > how to find out if a binary is using the
> > cygwin1.dll, etc?
>
> You'll have to tell me how.  (I've always just *known*.)

cygcheck foo.exe

If the output list contains cygwin1.dll then it uses it.

Cheers,

=====
---

@ 2000-07-21  4:58   ` Issac Trotts
From: Issac Trotts @ 2000-07-21  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I was using the which from

http://www.weihenstephan.de/~syring/win32/UnxUtils.html

but I just started using the one from

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/which

and it works just fine.

-Issac

>Do you know which which you are using? If it's the which from
>my porters directory on ftp.franken.de, I have perhaps found the
>problem. It's a bug in the access() function of Cygwin itself when
>called with ntsec ON. I have fixed that in the cvs repository.
>This might happen with another implementation of which as well but
>in that case I don't know for sure.
>
>Corinna
>
>--
>Corinna Vinschen
>Cygwin Developer
>Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company

* Re: "which" bug
@ 2000-07-21  3:24 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2000-07-21  3:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Issac Trotts; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2000-07-21  3:00 Joerg Schaible
From: Joerg Schaible @ 2000-07-21  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Funny. My Cygwin doesn't even have a which.exe ...

@ 2000-07-20 20:20 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2000-07-20 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: trotts; +Cc: cygwin

Sounds like it just wasn't properly ported to cygwin.  If you wish to
submit a patch to correct it, please do.

* "which" bug
@ 2000-07-20 20:18 Issac Trotts