From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: cygwin setup
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 06:15:00 -0000	[thread overview]

dubcek wrote:
> My problem is that, even though cygwin installs itself without making any
> objections, nothing works. When I clock on the icon or on cygwin.bat windows
> flashes the cygwin window on my screen but immediately disappears.
> I reinstalled cygwin (which originally worked very well) many times.
> Because I am desperate after trying the install procedure countless times, I
> am sending you the setup.log file.
> Thanks for any help.

Actually, you didn't attach any log file.

I would recommend starting a command prompt window and running 'cygwin.bat'
from there.  You obviously have a configuration problem (did you reboot when
you were asked to?) but you're not going to get allot of insight without
seeing the messages output.  Running 'cygwin.bat' from the command prompt
will give you that information.  I also suggest you read and follow the
problem reporting guidelines found at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>,
particularly if you need to follow-up on this issue with the list.  Pay
particular attention to the bit about *attaching* cygcheck output.

Holliston, MA 01746