* Re: The implementation of popen().
@ 2000-03-13  0:33 jens
From: jens @ 2000-03-13  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: cgf

 Hi,

 I'm not looking to 'take' the code. What I was looking for was some information about how it was done in cygwin and if someone know if this was a simple solution. What I want is for stdin/stdout to work when I use popen() in multiple steps using the popen() in msvcrt.dll. And the reason for asking here was that it seem to work in cygwin. So I thought maybe the knowledge was here. But maybe I should ask at the cygwin-developer list instead. I just thought that I should not start by desturbing them.

 Jens Yllman

@ 2000-03-10  6:45 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2000-03-10  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Yllman, cygwin; +Cc: Chris Faylor

--- Jens Yllman <jens@uniweb.se> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  It is strange how many answers came to this thread as soon as someone
> found something amusing in the text. What I meant was that popen() is
> depending on for instance fork(). And fork() is depending on some other
> functions. So I did not see any easy way to just take that code and try
> to use it in my code. And I did not at once see if there were a simple
> solutions to my problem. So that is why I asked here to see if anybody
> know something about this.

Your question isn't related to using Cygwin, it is related to incorporating the
Cygwin source code into yours statically and that is off topic for this list.
As far as I know, no one has yet taken the time to build Cygwin statically so
you're on your own in getting using the pieces and parts of the code into
yours.

Regards,

=====
---
   Earnie Boyd: < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
            __Cygwin: POSIX on Windows__
Cygwin Newbies: < http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >
           __Minimalist GNU for Windows__
  Mingw32 List: < http://www.egroups.com/group/mingw32/ >
    Mingw Home: < http://www.mingw.org/ >

* RE: The implementation of popen().
@ 2000-03-09 14:28 Heribert Dahms
From: Heribert Dahms @ 2000-03-09 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'

see below!

Bye, Heribert (heribert_dahms@icon-gmbh.de)

[parent not found: <200003061632.IAA06269@netcom.com>]
* The implementation of popen().
@ 2000-03-06  8:17 Jens Yllman
From: Jens Yllman @ 2000-03-06  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNUWin32

 Hello,

 I've a UNIX program that uses popen(). But when I try to use that with
_popen() that is in Win32 I can not call a program that uses _popen().
But this works with popen() in Cygwin. I've looked at the code in
Cygwin. And it as quite alot of code. So I just wonder if there is
anybody here who know what is realy needed to get it to work. Why I
don't use Cygwin for this project is because I link with a static
library that does only work with MS-Visual C++.

 I guess this realy is a question for the developer list. But I only
have this question and don't have time to contribute to the project at
the moment. So I don't want to bother that list.

 Jens Yllman