From: Thomas Zimmermann <tdz@users.sourceforge.net>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Bug: Synchronous signals broken on Cygwin 64
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:13:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I just saw that the result after returning from a synchronous signal is
undefined. So any behavior seems be OK. I'd still encourage to unify the
behavior of 32-bit and 64-bit code. (See my other mail.)

Best regards
Thomas

Am 26.04.2018 um 13:01 schrieb Houder:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:52:54, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
>
>> Hi

>>> =20
>>> .. uhm, unless SA_RESETHAND (sa_flags) has been specified, I expect the
>>> handler to be invoked again and again ...
>>
>> What I mean is that the installed signal handler is re-called constantly
>> for the same HW exception (div-by-zero in this case). It is as if
>> there's an endless loop around the signal-handler function.
>
> After the invocation of the handler, the program continues with the code
> that attempts 'to divide by zero'.
>
> As result of that, the handler is invoked again.
>
> Henri
>
>> Best regards
>> Thomas
>

> --

Implement thread-safe and fault-tolerant software in C: visit picotm.org
--
GnuPG:          http://tdz.users.sourceforge.net/tdz.asc
Fingerprint:    16FF F599 82F8 E5AA 18C6 5220 D9DA D7D4 4EF1 DF08