* libpopt0 is missing - cygpopt-0.dll missing
@ 2008-04-14  0:59 Peter Bennett
From: Peter Bennett @ 2008-04-14  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Current downloads of Cygwin packages are missing cygpopt-0.dll. This is
supposed to be packaged as libpopt0, but that package is not on any
mirror that I can find. Result is dos2unix, unix2dos, d2u, u2d do not
work. They terminate with a 53 return code without doing anything and
without displaying any message. I solved it by copying cygpopt-0.dll
from an earlier install (several years old). For the benefit of others,
please can somebody get that package back in the distribution.

Thanks
Peter Bennett

* Re: libpopt0 is missing - cygpopt-0.dll missing
@ 2008-04-14  3:06 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-04-14  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 08:32:58PM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>Current downloads of Cygwin packages are missing cygpopt-0.dll. This is
>supposed to be packaged as libpopt0, but that package is not on any
>mirror that I can find. Result is dos2unix, unix2dos, d2u, u2d do not
>work. They terminate with a 53 return code without doing anything and
>without displaying any message. I solved it by copying cygpopt-0.dll
>from an earlier install (several years old). For the benefit of others,
>please can somebody get that package back in the distribution.

The package *is* in the distribution.  Check out http://cygwin.com/packages/ .

cgf

* Re: libpopt0 is missing - cygpopt-0.dll missing
@ 2008-04-14  3:20 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2008-04-14  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Peter Bennett wrote:

> Current downloads of Cygwin packages are missing cygpopt-0.dll. This is
> supposed to be packaged as libpopt0, but that package is not on any
> mirror that I can find. Result is dos2unix, unix2dos, d2u, u2d do not

Whatever method you're using to determine that this package is missing
is incorrect.  Here's a random sample of 4 http mirrors, all working
fine:

$ for m in http://mirrors.xmission.com/cygwin \
           http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin \
           http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin \
           http://cygwin.elite-systems.org; do \
   wget -nv $m/release/popt/libpopt0/libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2; done
17:58:02 URL:http://mirrors.xmission.com/cygwin/release/popt/libpopt0/libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2 [11627/11627] -> "libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2" [1]
17:58:07 URL:http://mirrors.kernel.org/sourceware/cygwin/release/popt/libpopt0/libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2 [11627/11627] -> "libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2.1" [1]
17:58:07 URL:http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/cygwin/release/popt/libpopt0/libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2 [11627/11627] -> "libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2.2" [1]
17:58:08 URL:http://cygwin.elite-systems.org/release/popt/libpopt0/libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2 [11627/11627] -> "libpopt0-1.6.4-4.tar.bz2.3" [1]