From: cuicui <cuicui.oizo@free.fr>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: setup.exe command line parameters
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:53:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Ralph Hempel a écrit :
> With all of the talk about setup package selection and install
> procedures, I have a little story.
>
> One of the things I do for fun is write replacement firmware for the
> LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT - specifically pbLua. I needed an easy way to
> build the ARM7 cross compiler, and to locate and program the NXT via
> libusb.
>
> More importantly, I needed to share how to build it, which I have not
> yet done.
>
> Long story short, I ended up using a hacked older version of
> setup.exe that accepted a -p parameter and a list of packages. It
> worked great!
>
> Is there a compelling reason why that patch can't be applied to the
> current setup and released? Are there security or stability issues
> I'm not thinking about?
>
> That being said, I CAN run setup.exe in unattended quiet mode and get
> a BASE cygwin install done, and I'm quite happy with that. But I'd
> really, really like to specify packages on the command line.
>
> Can I help by offering to update the patch to the current setup?

You need to modify the "setup.ini" file, create "virtual" (empty)
package that belongs to the "Base" category and make all the additional
packages you want dependant of this virtual package by filling the
"requires" field.

That's a known-working workaround i'm using for quite a long time.

All the best,

Nicolas