* mounted drives
@ 2008-06-21  0:33 Michael F. Smith
From: Michael F. Smith @ 2008-06-21  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am sure you have probably heard this before as my research reveals that many
have failed to get it to work. I am trying to use rsync from a linux server
to get data from a windows XP that has a snap drive mounted as drive M:\

I am able to get the other files on the XP to copy fine, but I get the error
indicating that folder does not exist when attempting to get data from the
mounted drive.

I suspect that this may have something to do with the fact that the user is
not logged in and as a result the drive that mapps when they login, is not
actually mapped.

Can you suggest a correct method to perhaps add an option to the rsync daemon
service to map the drive when the daemon starts ??

Mike Smith
Network Consultant
417-753-4360
mikes@isinthe.us

* Re: mounted drives
@ 2008-06-22 11:30 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2008-06-22 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Michael F. Smith wrote:
> I am sure you have probably heard this before as my research reveals that many
> have failed to get it to work. I am trying to use rsync from a linux server
> to get data from a windows XP that has a snap drive mounted as drive M:\
>
> I am able to get the other files on the XP to copy fine, but I get the error
> indicating that folder does not exist when attempting to get data from the
> mounted drive.
>
> I suspect that this may have something to do with the fact that the user is
> not logged in and as a result the drive that mapps when they login, is not
> actually mapped.
>
> Can you suggest a correct method to perhaps add an option to the rsync daemon
> service to map the drive when the daemon starts ??

I'm assuming your research didn't turn up this?

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.shares>

Holliston, MA 01746