* Re: PGP, or otherwise
@ 2000-03-20 22:28 scozens
From: scozens @ 2000-03-20 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> >I'm trying.  Haven't got there yet, though.  The first thing to note is
> >that you want to tell it you're on a mingw32 system.

> Why is this?  Given the ctype error you describe below, it sounds like
you
> need to use a normal cygwin build.

I can't remember by reasoning now but I think it was to stop it
attempting to build the Unix and Linux RNG modules. I've just tried
again, starting with:

./configure --enable-static-rnd=egd --disable-dev-random

This still wants to create rndlinux and rndunix and this won't work.
(BFD has a fit.) I diked them out of the make file. You still need to
fix up the assembler calling in mpi/sysdeps.h

Should be fine after that. Oh, and PGP2.6i was no trouble at all.

Simon

* Re: PGP, or otherwise
@ 2000-03-21  2:55 varun sharma
From: varun sharma @ 2000-03-21  2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Don't know if in this case outdated info is better
than no information at all. However, I'd tried
porting gnupg-1.0.0 awhile back. Got at far as the
follg. undefined "WinMain@16" error, and did not
pursue further due to Werner Koch's warnings that
not having a well-formed way to /dev/rnd on Win32
makes such a port disingenuous.

>> Just a summary of the results so far..
   (1) The gnupg-1.0.0 port to cygwin-b20.1 needs
       GCC 2.95-19990728+ from Mumit,
       cygwin32_ipc-1.03 from
       http://www.multione.capgemini.fr/tools/pack_ipc

       or
       http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/WinPort/DodsPort.html .
   (2) In cipher/rndunix.c, modify
       #include<sys/signal.h>
       to <signal.h>. Comment out the sys/ipc.h &
       sys/shm.h includes.
   (3) ./configure --target=i586-pc-cygwin
                        --disable-asm
                        --disable-nls
                        --disable-shared.
   (4) Define HAVE_STRICMP config.h, & make -d to
       get the "WinMain@16" errmsg below..
       >> In function `main':

/home/noer/src/b20/comp-tools/devo/winsup/libcmain.cc:38:
undefined reference to `WinMain@16'

Hope this helps,
- varun

@ 2000-03-20 20:56 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-03-20 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin-general

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 01:48:35PM +0900, scozens@pwj.co.jp wrote:
>>is there anyone working on porting GnuPG to cygwin?  i haven't tried to
>>compile it yet, but i'm guessing it would hang on some things.
>>are there any tips on where I should expect some compile-time problems?
>>or is it just a matter of hunt-and-peck until it works?
>
>I'm trying.  Haven't got there yet, though.  The first thing to note is
>that you want to tell it you're on a mingw32 system.

Why is this?  Given the ctype error you describe below, it sounds like you
need to use a normal cygwin build.

cgf

Secondly, config.links
>gets the calling conventions from assembler wrong.
>You should change sysdeps.h to say
>
>#define CSYMBOL(name) _##name
>
>(Actually, that's a hack, there's probably a better way to make it work.)
>The next remaining issues I have are:
>     undefined reference to `_ctype_'
>
>ctype.h is included, but where should it get _ctype_ from?
>
>     undefined reference to `read_w32_registry_string'
>
>You can get around that by turning off __MINGW32__ for that period, and
>it'll do the getenv() thing.

* Re: PGP, or otherwise
@ 2000-03-20 20:52 scozens
From: scozens @ 2000-03-20 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Champ; +Cc: Cygwin-general

> is there anyone working on porting GnuPG to cygwin?
> i haven't tried to compile it yet, but i'm guessing it would hang on some
things.
> are there any tips on where I should expect some compile-time problems?
> or is it just a matter of  hunt-and-peck until it works?

I'm trying. Haven't got there yet, though. The first thing to note is
that you want to tell it you're on a mingw32 system.Secondly, config.links
gets the calling conventions from assembler wrong.
You should change sysdeps.h to say

#define CSYMBOL(name) _##name

(Actually, that's a hack, there's probably a better way to make it work.)
The next remaining issues I have are:
     undefined reference to `_ctype_'

ctype.h is included, but where should it get _ctype_ from?

     undefined reference to `read_w32_registry_string'

You can get around that by turning off __MINGW32__ for that period, and
it'll do the getenv() thing.

Let me know how it goes. If you can't even get that far, I'm happy to
send you a tarball of what I've done so far.

Simon

* PGP, or otherwise
@ 2000-03-17 20:27 Sean Champ
From: Sean Champ @ 2000-03-17 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)