* [1.7] Problem: items remaining afer complete installation
@ 2008-12-14 12:09 Fergus
From: Fergus @ 2008-12-14 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin ML; +Cc: Fergus

Just a detail (and I know the whole thing is experimental) but however
many times I attempt a "complete" installation using setup-1.7.exe and
setup-2.ini I am always left with, apparently, stuff remaining to
install: see attached png. Thia happens whether "Hide obsolete packages"
is checked or not.
Fergus

[-- Attachment #2: leftover.PNG --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 16660 bytes --]

* Re: [1.7] Problem: items remaining afer complete installation
@ 2008-12-14 12:39 ` Robert Pendell
From: Robert Pendell @ 2008-12-14 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Fergus wrote:
> Just a detail (and I know the whole thing is experimental) but however
> many times I attempt a "complete" installation using setup-1.7.exe and
> setup-2.ini I am always left with, apparently, stuff remaining to
> install: see attached png. Thia happens whether "Hide obsolete packages"
> is checked or not.
> Fergus

Anything under _obsolete can be ignored.  gcc is a dummy upgrade package
fro those using prior versions.  tetex is an install helper.  It does
not surprise me that they are being "installed".

--
Robert Pendell
shinji@elite-systems.org

"A perfect world is one of chaos."

Thawte Web of Trust Notary
CAcert Assurer

* Re: [1.7] Problem: items remaining afer complete installation
@ 2008-12-14 12:56 Fergus
From: Fergus @ 2008-12-14 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin ML; +Cc: Fergus

Thank you - and it is rather a trivial detail to get hung up on at this
stage - but this loose ends phenomenon doesn't occur with v.1.5 /
setup.ini where I guess the same circumstances apply (entries under
_obsolete, gcc dummy upgrade, install helper)?
Fergus