* gettimeofday - millisecond accuracy
@ 2008-12-19  4:01 fred
From: fred @ 2008-12-19  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

with my test of gettimeofday in cygwin it appears to be counting in
milliseconds
rather than microseconds.

so I had a look at where it is coded, /winsup/cygwin/times.cc

gettimeofday (struct timeval *tv, void *tzvp)
{
  struct timezone *tz = (struct timezone *) tzvp;
  static bool tzflag;
  LONGLONG now = gtod.usecs ();

I notice there is
hires_ms NO_COPY gtod;

however lower down there is appears to be a hires_us
class coded.

So I am wondering what the story is behind this ?

I will look at testing some changes here and testing, just need to do a
successful build from source
of as is first.....

I am looking for microsecond resolution, and see that hires_us is using
QueryPerformanceFrequency/QueryPerformanceCounter,
so thats looking good I think?

I have code that does bitbanging to the parallel  port, it works
perfectly under linux,  and would like
to see it work in cygwin also.

Thanks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-12-19  4:01 UTC | newest]