Hi, I've taken a first pass at distilling my experience with 'mintty' and the [ahem] discussion, here, about it into a text file (see attachment mintty.{h}) If there is an affinity to it, I would be happy to plug this all into a valid man template. For my votes on 'mintty': * I love it the way it is. * Favorite features: > Speed > Speed > Best conformance to my personal expectation of what various directional keys (, , <->>, <<->, etc.) should do! (However, still bummed that -<->> & -<<-> do not move, respectively forward and back a word on the command line!) * Futures expectation: My number one goal would be for it to replace the Cygwin console for everything, although I understand there are great difficulties with that goal. Because of the nature of various "discussion" elements in wading through this stuff, I am referring to my documentation "project" as: *Diuretics*! *********** Thank you, very much, Mr. Andy Koppe. Signed, L. Dave Rothstein (Lee) ;-)