* [1.7] make install installs executables without .exe extension
@ 2009-01-15  0:08 Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2009-01-15  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin List

Hi

I'm about to recompile my packages under cygwin 1.7 and just noticed
that although the compiler creates executables with .exe extensions the
extension is somehow stripped after make install step.

Any hints ?

Ciao
  Volker

* Re: [1.7] make install installs executables without .exe extension
@ 2009-01-15  5:25 ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2009-01-15  5:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Re: [1.7] make install installs executables without .exe extension
@ 2009-01-19 15:51   ` Dr. Volker Zell
From: Dr. Volker Zell @ 2009-01-19 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

    > According to Dr. Volker Zell on 1/14/2009 4:38 PM:
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'm about to recompile my packages under cygwin 1.7 and just noticed
    >> that although the compiler creates executables with .exe extensions the
    >> extension is somehow stripped after make install step.
    >>
    >> Any hints ?

    > Might be something wrong with my .exe magic patch in coreutils.  I'll look
    > into it.

Under cygwin 1.5

when filename.exe exists

/usr/bin/install filename /tmp            creates /tmp/filename.exe
/usr/bin/cp      filename /tmp            creates /tmp/filename.exe
/usr/bin/install filename /tmp/filename   creates /tmp/filename.exe
/usr/bin/cp      filename /tmp/filename   creates /tmp/filename.exe

Under cygwin 1.7

when filename.exe exists

/usr/bin/install filename /tmp            creates /tmp/filename
/usr/bin/cp      filename /tmp            creates /tmp/filename
/usr/bin/install filename /tmp/filename   creates /tmp/filename
/usr/bin/cp      filename /tmp/filename   creates /tmp/filename

Is this the expected behaviour ?

Ciao
  Volker