* Bash in batch mode !
@ 2009-01-18 20:26 Sébastien Major
From: Sébastien Major @ 2009-01-18 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Thanks for all the done job : packages, setup and mirrors.

I would like to know if there's a way to lauch some cygwin program
without have windows console box _on screen_.

I whould lauch at start-up, via services.msc, a command line to have a
resident like program. Is that possible ?

Best regards.
S. Major

* Re: Bash in batch mode !
@ 2009-01-18 21:26 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2009-01-18 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Sébastien Major wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the done job : packages, setup and mirrors.
>
> I would like to know if there's a way to lauch some cygwin program
> without have windows console box _on screen_.
>
> I whould lauch at start-up, via services.msc, a command line to have a
> resident like program. Is that possible ?

See 'cygrunsrv --help'.  You can use this to install and run a service,
just like Cygwin does with OpenSSH, Cron, etc.

Holliston, MA 01746

* Re: Bash in batch mode !
@ 2009-01-19 21:01   ` Sébastien Major
From: Sébastien Major @ 2009-01-19 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Many thanks, it worked.
See ya.
Best regards.
S. Major

@ 2009-01-21 21:29     ` Sébastien Major
From: Sébastien Major @ 2009-01-21 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

Now, I have 2 questions !

First, what about sevices in win98SE ? I read many times that there were
not ! Try cygstart.exe /bin/bash -c /blah/blah/blah.sh in HKLM\blah\blah
\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, this do the job until the first session
close.
wperl.exe from ActiveState do correctly the job but I must rewrite the
bash program (30 ko), and then see if cygwin perl compatible.

Second, is there is a way to deploy cygwin ? I already have a mirror and
look at setup.exe with wpkg but where is stored the install setup file ?

See ya.
Best regards.
S. Major