* Re: Conjoining Setup & CygWine & Some Other Requirements.
       [not found] <1234736001.7445.ezmlm@cygwin.com>
@ 2009-02-16  1:17 ` Duane Ellis
From: Duane Ellis @ 2009-02-16  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

somebody>>  We have loads of suggestions for changes to Cygwin or setup.exe.

somebody>> Where can I get the these suggestions ?

somebody>> the mailing list.

I speak up about this.

I and others have asked for the ability to specify a "group of packages
to install"

The use-case/example is this:

    I am a tools maintainer for a group of people.
    I want to ensure a "common minimally conforming installation" across
multiple machines.
    I want to create a "URL" which I will ensure has all of the required
files.
          [ie: A common network drive, an internal/external HTTP site].
    I'd like the ability to specify all install options from the command
line, examples: "all users", "bin files", etc ...

Another example would be this:
    I produce an "arm cross compile tool chain" and produce a CD ROM
with all the files on it.
    So - how can I run cygwin's setup.exe to install all of this stuff?

I would like a "command line tool" that installs the above - with *NO*
menu interaction.

It would be great, if I could also tell the tool "Examine my current
installation and create the above configuration file" this would let me
easily "clone" and/or "compare" an installation.

-Duane.

* Re: Conjoining Setup & CygWine & Some Other Requirements.
@ 2009-02-16  3:40   ` Ralph Hempel
From: Ralph Hempel @ 2009-02-16  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Duane Ellis wrote:

> I and others have asked for the ability to specify a "group of packages
> to install"

setup -p comma,separated,list,of,packages

Ralph