* How to deploy Application compiled with QT3 in Cygwin to Windows?
@ 2009-09-07 11:17 Pok Wilson
From: Pok Wilson @ 2009-09-07 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Good day,

I have successfully compiled my GUI Applicaton using QT3 in Cygwin.

May I know how can I deploy this Appliation in Windows?

As it requires a X server to run QT3 in Cygwin, when I try to run the application.exe in Windows platform, I get the message "Cannot Connect to X Server".

I can run my Application in the X server.

I hope to be able to run my Application.exe without having connect to X server in Windows so that it can be deployed to Windows platform.

Thanks,
Wilson

      Get your preferred Email name!
Now you can @ymail..com and @rocketmail.com

* Re: How to deploy Application compiled with QT3 in Cygwin to Windows?
@ 2009-09-07 12:05 ` Danilo Turina
From: Danilo Turina @ 2009-09-07 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Pok Wilson wrote:
> Good day,
>
> I have successfully compiled my GUI Applicaton using QT3 in Cygwin.
>
> May I know how can I deploy this Appliation in Windows?
>

> As it requires a X server to run QT3 in Cygwin, when I try to run the application.exe in Windows platform, I get the message "Cannot Connect to X Server".
>
> I can run my Application in the X server.
>
> I hope to be able to run my Application.exe without having connect to X server in Windows so that it can be deployed to Windows platform.

You can't, sorry.

Being Cygwin a Unix emulation layer, you should treat your application
as a Unix one: could a GUI Unix application QT3-based run without an X
server? No.

If you need to run your application in Windows you have not to make it a
Cygwin application but, instead, a "real" Windows application and
user/link the Windows version of QT3.

> Thanks,
> Wilson

Ciao,
	Danilo

* Re: How to deploy Application compiled with QT3 in Cygwin to Windows?
@ 2009-09-07 16:40 ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2009-09-07 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

2009/9/7 Pok Wilson:
> Thanks for your information. How can I "make a Windows application and user/link the Windows version of QT3"?

That's not a Cygwin question and this isn't a QT support forum.

> I tried to compile the same piece of code in Windows version of QT4. But I cant compare as some Cygwin libraries are missing?

That shouldn't suprise you. If your code uses Cygwin/POSIX facilities
not available on plain Windows, you'll need to change that code (i.e.
"port" it) to what is available. This mailing list can't help you with
that.

Andy

* Re: How to deploy Application compiled with QT3 in Cygwin to Windows?
@ 2009-09-07 15:50 Pok Wilson
From: Pok Wilson @ 2009-09-07 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>You can't, sorry.

>Being Cygwin a Unix emulation layer, you should treat your application as a Unix one: could a GUI Unix application >QT3-based run without an X server? No.

>If you need to run your application in Windows you have not to make it a Cygwin application but, instead, a "real" >Windows application and user/link the Windows version of QT3.

Thanks for your information. How can I "make a Windows application and user/link the Windows version of QT3"? I tried to compile the same piece of code in Windows version of QT4. But I cant compare as some Cygwin libraries are missing?

How should I move on from here?

Thanks,
Wilson

      New Email names for you!